Welcome to Enhanced Introductory College Chemistry
This textbook is designed to be accessible using standard web browsers, mobile devices, screen readers and other assistive technology. You can access the book in a number of formats. Requirements, tools, and suggestions for navigating and using the book are listed on this page. If you encounter any issues in accessing the book, please connect with your professor.
Never used an Open Educational Resource (OER) before?
- Check out our Student Guide to Using OER Textbooks
|Online web book
This book is free to access, use and print in any of the above formats for non-commercial purposes. If you prefer a printed textbook, you are encouraged to print sections/the entire book.
- Front matter
- Chapter 1
- Chapter 2
- Chapter 3
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 5
- Chapter 6
- Chapter 7
- Chapter 8
- Chapter 9
- Chapter 10
- Chapter 11
- Chapter 12
- Chapter 13
- Chapter 14
- Chapter 15
- Chapter 16
- Chapter 17
- Chapter 18
Printing – Recommendations
- Check for printing costs at your on-campus print shop (such as Grenville at Georgian College) or a local print shop (Staples, etc)
- Consider printing this textbook in black & white (not full colour), and refer to the web-book or PDF where you need to examine the colour diagrams
- Printing a large document is often significantly less expensive at a print shop than it is to print on your home printer or at the Library
- Ask about binding or 3 hole punching when you order, as this is usually low cost and will make your textbook easier to use
Except where otherwise noted, this book is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, allowing students/faculty to print it for their personal use at the cost of printing.
This book uses regular HTML to express simple math equations (such as <sup>, <sub>, italics and special characters) combined with Latex coding (rendered by MathJax) to prepare and display complex mathematical and chemical equations. Users of assistive technology may need to configure their software or download/activate a plugin to properly interpret the math.
Please consult with your Adaptive technologist or Accessibility advisor for assistance if necessary.
MathJax offers numerous accessibility features, including the ability to present equations in different formats, zoom, etc. Please see our Accessibility Statement for more details.
Experiencing navigation issues?
If you encounter navigation issues while accessing this text via a link from your course in Blackboard (or other learning management system), please try accessing the online web book by using the web address in your browser. The bottom left and right corners of the web book allow you to navigate through the book (previous/next) and the top left hand corner of the web book features a drop down table of contents.