This open educational resource (OER) textbook was developed collaboratively by Georgian College, Loyalist College and Conestoga College. Each institution generously provided additional support, with contributors noted below.
- Gregory A. Anderson, HBSc, MSc, PhD – Georgian College
- Jackie MacDonald, HBSc, MSc – Conestoga College
- Adrienne Richards, HBSc, MSc – Georgian College
- J.R. van Haarlem, HBSc, MES – Loyalist College
- David Wegman, HBSc, PhD – Georgian College
- Caryn Fahey, BSc, MEd – Loyalist College
- Samantha Sullivan Sauer, HBSc, MASc, BEd – Georgian College
Copyright, AODA & Tech Support
- Jen Booth – Georgian College – BA, MISt – Georgian College
- Daryl Shaun Aranha – Georgian College
- Benny Baby – Georgian College
- Tania Deane – Conestoga College
- Abiney John- Conestoga College
- Revathi Mahadevan – Georgian College
- David McCuaig – Conestoga College
Additional Administrative Supports
- Holly Ashbourne – Conestoga College
- Kimberlee Carter – Conestoga College
- Amanda Duncan – Georgian College
- Emma Greenfield – Georgian College
- Mark Ihnat – Georgian College
- Jessica Jones – Georgian College
- Sula Levesque – Georgian College
- Debora Moore – Georgian College
- James Yochem – Conestoga College
Original OER Sources
This OER, Enhanced Introductory College Chemistry, is a collection of resources adapted to meet the needs of students in introductory chemistry courses. In most sections of this OER, updates have been made to the existing content to improve usability and accessibility, incorporate interactive elements and improve the overall student experience. Except where otherwise noted, images and diagrams are derived from the source attributed at end of each page. This OER adaptation reuses content from the following key resources:
- General Chemistry 1 & 2 by Rice University, a derivative of Chemistry (Open Stax) by Paul Flowers, Klaus Theopold, Richard Langley & William R. Robinson and is licensed under CC BY 4.0.
- Chemistry 2e (OpenStax) by Paul Flowers, Klaus Theopold, Richard Langley, William R. Robinson licensed under CC BY 4.0.
Copyright & Open Licensing
Enhanced Introductory College Chemistry is licensed under CC BY 4.0, except where otherwise noted. Individual sections, content, images and activities are marked with their relevant copyright and open licensing information.
- YouTube videos in this OER are embedded/used under the Standard YouTube license.
- PhET Interactive Simulations in this OER are embedded/used under PhET licensing – CC BY 4.0
- Third-party images, text and other materials are marked with references in APA format, modified to be accessible as per the APA website
Unless otherwise indicated, third-party texts, images and other materials quoted in this OER are included on the basis of Fair Dealing (Canada) as described in the Code of Best Practices for Fair Use in Open Education.
This digital text OER has been developed with Universal Design for Learning (UDL) elements in mind. We have made every reasonable effort to ensure accessibility (AODA) and copyright compliance. We welcome your review and feedback and encourage you to reach out to the project manager or copyright and AODA reviewer with any concerns, suggestions for modifications, and ideas for enhancements.
Please submit feedback to OER[at]georgiancollege.ca
We have done our best to acknowledge all participants involved in this project. In the event, we have made an error please reach out to the project manager to have this corrected.