52 What Does Microsoft Teams Offer?
- Screensharing for lecture notes and presentations with included audio when multimedia is shared
- Virtual backgrounds to look professional and maintain privacy.
- File management with SharePoint is essential for the course organization
- Navigating between teams, channels, and tabs will allow for a seamless teaching experience
More tips are mentioned in the previous parts of this e-book.
Increased flexibility vs. Increased complexity
- MS Teams provides a skeleton for your course and gives you many options to customize it
- This allows you to structure the course around your teaching style, however, it is up to you to design and create it
- Spend some time exploring MS Teams to decide if this approach is right for you
As the meeting organizer, you can:
- Assign proper roles to decide what each participant can do during meetings—for example, presenter or attendee
- Add external guests to meetings with reduced privileges
- Incorporate different types of resources to include videos, articles and simulations
Easy integration of tools that enhance the learning experience, such as:
- Microsoft suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Promotes collaboration
- Microsoft Teams add-ons
- Provide additional functions, such as surveys, quizzes, etc.
- Open Educational Resources (OERs)
- Provide additional learning resources
Microsoft Teams is growing in functionality and complexity. Staying up to date with new features and familiarizing yourself with it will allow for effective facilitation and a smooth experience.