7 Collaborate by Using Text Chat
All channels and private chats in MS Teams have a text chat feature, which is a good alternative for students who cannot collaborate using voice chat. The text chat in MS Teams provides a wide variety of options to customize your messages/posts.
- Students can attach files to a channel or chat. Files such as CAD drawings and the standard MS documents (i.e. Word and Excel) can be attached to a message or post.
- Students can use emojis, reactions, stickers and GIFs to convey feelings and promote a sense of teamwork.
- Students can use add-ons to collect and organize information that is not native to teams (i.e. Polls, OneNote).
Students can access previously sent messages since all messages are saved.
- Students can pin important chats/conversations so they can easily find them later.
Students can react to messages to confirm they saw it by using emojis or stickers.
- The reaction gives the writer scope of who has seen the message and who is currently active.
- Students can use this to collect feedback from group members or study partners.