In the last chapter, all the theoretical concepts in relation to management were introduced. The focus will shift to leadership and the different styles, roles, and traits that make up a leader. In addition, we will discuss the nature of power and how to use it effectively in leadership roles will be addressed.
The learning outcomes for this chapter are:
- Classify and explain the four different leadership styles presented in this chapter.
- Define the roles of a leader within a learning organization and how managers are shaped through different leadership styles.
- Compare and contrast the different studies done on the behavioural traits of leadership within learning organizations.
- Critique the understanding of power within leadership, and describe how power can be used.
- Use some self reflection on what type of leadership style you follow.
- Engage in class discussion on leadership theories to get a feel of leadership styles.
- Develop your own understanding of power in relation to what the text outlines.