Chapter 12: Leadership and Management Redux
This is the final stage of this leadership and management journey. This chapter will act as a restoration, or a redux of leadership and management. It is time to reflect on all of the ideas presented thus far. John Dewey says that reflection, at its core, is the combining of observation and memory, and to actively recall what happened in the past. This chapter will attempt to bring back the previous ideas of leadership and management and converge them with your own.
The learning outcomes for this chapter are:
- Contextualize how the historical understanding of leadership and management affects its future.
- Define the achievement of organizational culture in a learning organization.
- Distinguish whether there is a difference between leadership and management? Develop and critique a complete definition of leadership and management.
- Use previous chapters of the text to formulate an understanding of leadership and management at this final stage.
- Use your map from Chapter 1 for reference.
- Develop your own conclusions about leadership and management.