Tips to Impress During the Interview
Make a good first impression:
- Arrive 5 to 10 minutes early. Do not be late and do not be too early either. Turn off your cellphone upon arrival.
- Greet all parties with respect and professionalism.
- Present yourself positively. Make eye contact, offer a firm handshake, fist pump, positive nod, smile, and be aware of your body language.
- Listen and think carefully before you answer. Repeat the question aloud to make sure you are clear on the question. Try to relax.
- Pause and reflect on the question. It is ok to carefully consider your answer before responding.
- Ask relevant questions and inquire about the next steps / follow up.
- Close by restating your strengths and interest in the position and why you are the best suited candidate for the role.
“At the Interview: First Impressions” from Interview Toolkit by Fanshawe College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.