Suggested Candidate Questions
Questions You May Ask:
- Can you describe the company culture?
- Why is this position available?
- What are the two or three most important characteristics you are looking for in a candidate for this position?
- What future career opportunities exist within the company?
- What are the greatest challenges and opportunities facing the successful candidate in performing this job?
- What is your favourite part of working here?
- Who are the main people or teams that the successful candidate would collaborate with?
- How are work assignments handled? Will I work independently or as a member of a team?
- What might a typical day be like for a person in this position?
- How often are an employee’s performance evaluated and what criteria are used? What are the next steps in the recruitment process?
- When will the hiring decision be made?
Practice Your Interview
PRACTICE + PRACTICE + PRACTICE = SUCCESS
- Build confidence and reduce stress! Rehearsing for an interview allows you to respond to questions with ease and communicate effectively.
- Why not practice your answers to typical interview questions in video format? If you have access to a webcam you can practice your interview skills using Interview Stream.
- Start by watching the tutorial, select questions and conduct a video interview. See and hear what you look and sound like in an interview setting. You can even customize your own video.
At Fanshawe we have a great resource and practice tool called INSTAGE Simulation for soft skills. Reach out to Career Services to learn more.
“Before the Interview: Candidate Questions and Practice Resources” from Interview Toolkit by Fanshawe College is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.