At the end of this chapter, learners will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of communication.
- Define communication as the communication process.
- Identify and describe the eight essential components of communication.
- Explore the different contexts affecting communication.
- Discuss the responsibilities of a business communicator.
Naiomi was recently promoted and now has a small team reporting to her. She is getting ready for the first team meeting. She knows that each member of the team will have expectations around communication. She wants the first meeting to go really well, as it will set the tone for the future. As you read this chapter consider some of the ways that Naiomi can ensure she is communicating effectively in her first team meeting.
“1. Introduction” from Communication for Business Professionals by eCampusOntario is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.