- Summarize stages in the conflict process.
- Recognize characteristics of conflict escalation.
- Describe common approaches to conflict and explain when to use them.
- Explore common strategies for preventing and managing conflict at work.
- Define negotiations.
- Contrast distributive and integrated approaches to bargaining.
- Summarize the steps in the negotiation process.
- Demonstrate awareness of the history of labour relations in Canada.
- Describe how the collective bargaining agreement impacts negotiation and conflict management in the workplace.
In this chapter, we will learn about the nature of the conflict process and common approaches to conflict. In addition, we will explore the process of negotiation, third party negotiators, and labour relations between labour unions and management.