Designing Inclusive Digital Experiences for Neurodiversity by Sara Boback
Web Accessibility Scavenger Hunt
About the Scavenger Hunt
I’ve created a simple Web Accessibility Scavenger Hunt.
The Scavenger Hunt has been designed to be as simple as possible in order to accommodate the wide range of knowledge of those that are conducting accessibility testing.
Each page is designed to have a specific, obvious accessibility defect that can be linked back to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines success criteria.
The Hunt requires the use of a couple web accessibility testing tools, all of which are free.
The Scavenger Hunt requires the use of a screen reader – if you don’t want to download one, you can use a Chrome browser extensions of your choice (aXe or Wave) and a colour contrast analyzer.
- JAWS screen reader desktop application
- NVDA screen reader, desktop application
- Colour Contrast Analyzer, desktop application
- Web Accessibility Toolbar, Internet Explorer Toolbar
- WAVE extension, Google Chrome extension
- aXe extension, Google Chrome extension