Virtual Communities for Chinese Seniors in Social Isolation by Christine Chung
Activity 1: Reflections on Pre-Pandemic
The purpose of this activity is to gain a deeper understanding of the aspects of physical social interaction that people miss the most with their older loved ones.
A few notes before you begin:
- To see a preview of the board, click on the blue pointer hand on the box below
- To add to the board, please click here to open the board in a new tab
- To zoom in and out, hover over the bottom right corner and click + or −, or simply scroll up or down using your mouse’s scroll wheel
- Choose a sticky that applies to you – click on it and press ctrl + c followed by ctrl + p to copy and paste a new sticky
- Fill in the blank on your new sticky with something you miss doing with your loved ones before the pandemic
- If more stickies apply to you, repeat steps 1 and 2 to fill out additional stickies
If you are having trouble navigating or accessing the board, please leave a comment with your response below
The goal of this activity is to collaboratively create a tapestry of memories and highlights of social interaction. It is hoped that this tapestry will help inform which key components of a virtual community environment for seniors (and their families) to include in a future designed solution.
Dear Grandma, I miss making shrimp chips with you.
Dear Grandpa, I miss getting Dim Sum with you and watching you continuously ordering too much food for the table.