Virtual Communities for Chinese Seniors in Social Isolation by Christine Chung
Activity 2: Demo & Usability Testing
The purpose of this activity is to test an initial prototype of a potential design solution. Note: this is a preliminary prototype and not all parts are fully functional.
A few notes before you begin:
- To scroll through the app with a mouse: hover your cursor over the preview screen and scroll up or down using the scroll wheel
- To scroll through the app with a track pad: left click and hold on the white space and drag up or down using the track pad
- To expand the preview below to full screen, click on the white box in the top right corner
- To exit full screen and return to the exhibit, tap Esc on your keyboard
If you find yourself lost and want to navigate back to the beginning, hover over the bottom right corner and click Restart or tap R on your keyboard
- Click on any of the buttons to navigate through the application
- You can switch between languages by tapping on the EN | 中文 buttons
- To go back to the home page, click on the back arrow button <
The goal of this activity is to gain insights into the usability of this potential design solution, as well as ideas for other components to add or remove.