This module will provide participants with an introduction to the history and practice of HyFlex course design.
Participants will have opportunities to develop or revise existing course outlines to accommodate HyFlex designs. Course learning outcomes and objectives will be explored that embed HyFlex learning concepts and language. Assessment strategies that maximize formative and summative demonstration of outcomes will be discussed and tested with peers. Lastly, course plans for HyFlex will be considered and created.
By the end of this module, you will
- Describe the history and practice of HyFlex course design
- Revise or develop one or more course outlines to align with HyFlex principles
- Give examples of HyFlex language that may be used in learning outcomes/objectives
- Develop formal assessment strategies and assessments that align with HyFlex design principles
- Develop a course plan that aligns with HyFlex design principles