48 Accessible Use of CamelCase and Structuring Posts
- CamelCase is the art of writing Hashtags with the first letter of each word with a capital.
- It makes it easier for everyone, but especially those with a learning disability and those using a screen reader.
- WritingHashtagsLikeThis instead of WRITINGTHEMLIKETHIS or writingthemlikethis.
- Put any links or hashtags at the end of the message.
- This is important for readers who are using a screen-reader, or who have a learning disability.
- Ensure your message is simple, free of typos and logical; it is also important that your message does not contain acronyms or complex language.
Bad Example of a Social Media Post
@KateBrown is demonstrating #accessibility and what a #verticalmouse looks like to promote #accessibletechnologies for the #IDPWD2020!
Good Example of a Social Media Post
Kate is demonstrating what a vertical mouse looks like to promote accessible technologies for the International Day of Persons with Disabilities!
#VerticalMouse #Accessibility #AccessibilityTechnologies #InternationalDayOfPersonsWithDisabilities2020 #IDPWD2020 @KateBrown