By Oona St-Amant, Michelle Hughes, Audrey Kenmir, Caitlin Cosgrove, and Grace Sharpe
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of pathogens that lead to infection and disease.
- Describe signs and symptoms associated with infection.
- Identify how infectious agents can affect our body.
- Identify common types of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs).
- Describe healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) in relation to precaution and protection practices.
- Discuss techniques to reduce transmission of healthcare-associated infections.
Note: Always review and follow the hospital policies regarding infection prevention and control practices.