By Michelle Hughes, Audrey Kenmir, Oona St-Amant, Caitlin Cosgrove, and Grace Sharpe
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the principles of infection prevention and control practices.
- Explain the process of infection and how to break the chain of transmission.
- Describe blood or body fluid exposure, and the steps to take if exposed.
- Explain the importance of cleaning, disinfecting, and sterilizing equipment and the healthcare environment, including high-touch areas.
- Incorporate infection prevention and control education into client care.
Note: Always review and follow hospital policies regarding infection prevention and control practices.