Teaching in the Open
Open education involves more than just creating and using open educational resources. Opensource.com suggests that “open education is a philosophy about the way people should produce, share and build on knowledge.” In this module, we explore the core concepts of teaching in the open by examining open educational pedagogy and how it transforms the practice of education.
Gain an understanding of the process, impact and value of implementing an open pedagogy when producing, sharing and building on knowledge.
- Examine various models and frameworks for open pedagogy.
- Explore the characteristics of open educators.
- Explain the benefits of supporting students as co-creators of knowledge.
- Engage in assessing your own level of openness as an educator and identify strategies to enhance your own level of openness as an educator.
- Enjoy examples of open practices and renewable assessment.