Welcome to Resume and Cover Letter writing, one in a series of six modules designed to help you develop your career. In this module, you will learn how to develop a resume and cover letter that meet the needs and expectations of employers in today’s workplaces. For this course, we’ve researched, curated, and crafted a special group of resources specifically to help you produce a high-impact resume and cover letter so that you can further your own career, no matter where you are along your career path. We have videos, readings, and other activities all ready for you.
By the end of this module, you’ll have a clear understanding of the purpose of a resume and of a cover letter. You’ll be able to identify different types of resumes, and how to use them to make a good impression. You’ll understand the “anatomy” of a resume and of a cover letter – what they need to contain, and how to organize them for impact – as well as the latest, most tried-and-true techniques for developing resumes and cover letters that increase your chance of success.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Identify the main resume formats and determine which is most appropriate to use for your job search
- Identify the typical sections of a resume, their purpose and format
- Apply techniques to develop a resume that meets the expectations of today’s workplaces
- Develop a cover letter that adheres to a standardized business format
- Apply techniques to develop a cover letter that meets the expectations of today’s workplaces
Do you already have a resume and/or cover letter? Whether you are starting from scratch or you have a resume and cover letter you can work from, take the opportunity as you progress through this module to make additions or adjustments to your documents. That way, by the end of this module, you can have a solid and up-to-date resume and cover letter for your Career Development Portfolio.
Resume Knowledge Check
What do you already know about Resumes and Cover Letters?
Let’s do a quick check-in. Don’t worry – there is no penalty for a wrong answer.
- Module 2 via Careerspace
- Scroll With Pen via Careerspace
- Lightbulb via Careerspace