Welcome to Interview Skills, the fifth of six modules designed to help you develop your career. In this module, you will learn about the various types of interviews and their formats, along with plenty of practical strategies to prepare and perform in interviews with confidence. Plus, you’ll walk away with some valuable resources to add to your personalized Career Development Portfolio – resources you can use for your own career development going forward.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Employ practical strategies to prepare for interviews;
- Anticipate and prepare well-crafted responses to interview questions;
- Apply strategies to “interview” potential employers;
- Increase your confidence and make a positive impression; and
- Prepare references for contact after an interview.
By the end of the module, you will have completed the following portfolio activities:
- Identify some top tips for interviewing
- Prepare responses to some common interview questions, including Tell me about yourself, and What are your weaknesses?
- Practice conducting employer- and job-research
- Practice using the STAR framework for answering behavioural interview questions
- Prepare questions to ask the interviewer
- Identify your communication style and how it can affect your interview performance
- Practice reflecting on your interview performance.
Before we get started, try your hand at some multiple choice questions and test your knowledge!
- Module 5 via CareerSpace
- Scroll With Pen via CareerSpace
- Lightbulb via CareerSpace