Take the goals you developed in Activity 5 of this module and refine them to include how UDL can be applied to obtain the desired outcome. Learning activities in previous modules may be useful for your goal development and refinement.
Then create a plan for how you will use UDL to realize your goal(s). As part of your planning, you may wish to include:
- An explicit reason why the goal is necessary and required in your context
- UDL principles and implementation required
- A timeline for goal development, implementation and reflection
- Research or resources required
- Support needed
- Planned and hopeful outcomes
You are invited to record your goal(s) in the way that works best for you, which may include writing, drawing, creating an audio or video file, mind map or any other method that will allow you to reflect and refer back to your thoughts.
Alternatively, a text-based note-taking space is provided below. Any notes you take here remain entirely confidential and visible only to you. Use this space as you wish to keep track of your thoughts, learning, and activity responses. Download a text copy of your notes before moving on to the next page of the module to ensure you don’t lose any of your work!
The following are some resources to deepen your learning about how UDL can support AODA and EDI initiatives:
- To learn more about unconscious bias, review the University of Windsor’s Unconscious Bias Training and take Harvard’s Implicit Association Test
- Antiracism and Universal Design for Learning: Building Expressways to Success, by Andratesha Fritzgerald, is an excellent resource to delve deeper into the impacts of racism in education and what is required of educators to eradicate the oppressive systems and practices that harm learners.