Hamilton, Ontario has become an epicentre for healthcare, research and health sciences. In the event of a healthcare emergency, there are many hospitals in the local area. In the event of a serious emergency, dialing 911 from any phone will put you in touch with local emergency services (fire, ambulance, and police).
Hospitals in Hamilton
- Hamilton Health Sciences: Hamilton Health Sciences is a family of six hospitals and six specialized healthcare facilities serving more than 2.3 million residents of Hamilton and south central Ontario.
- St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton: St. Joseph’s Healthcare’s Charlton Campus (known as “St. Joe’s” to local residents) is a 750-plus bed acute care hospital located at 50 Charlton Avenue East in Hamilton, Ontario.
- Main Street West Urgent Care Centre: The Urgent Care Centre serves as an alternative between the doctor’s office and an Emergency Department (ED) as an option when someone is not sick enough to visit an ED but can’t wait for an appointment with their doctor. The Urgent Care Centre is located very close to the McMaster University main campus (Hamilton).
Hospitals in Burlington
- Joseph Brant Hospital: For the past 50 years, Joseph Brant Hospital has provided the greater Burlington community with a wide range of inpatient, outpatient and outreach services.
- Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital: This almost brand new, 1.6 million square foot hospital opened in 2015, serving the Halton region (Burlington, Oakville, Milton and Halton Hills). Its services range from emergency care to mental health, diabetes care and dialysis.