The Employment Support Centre prioritizes student success. That is why, as a student or graduate of Algonquin College, you have access to personalized support from a team of experienced industry professionals. Appointments can be made directly through The Welcome Centre by calling 613-727-4723 ext. 7200 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you meet with a team member, you will receive support for a range of different topics, including:
- Guidance in identifying your interests, values, strengths, and accomplishments.
- Gaining knowledge of labour market information, trends, and job prospects.
- Reviewing and targeting your resume, cover letter, and portfolio documents.
- Practising your interviewing skills and building your personal brand.
- Receiving job search coaching, identifying a variety of methods, and strategizing on an action plan.
- Getting feedback on your LinkedIn profile and advice on how to use it effectively.
- Obtaining information on career fairs and employer events.
- Accessing online job opportunities through an exclusive, electronic job board, HireAC.
- Availability to ask questions regarding anything related to employment.
Here is our advice to you:
- It is never too early to start preparing.
As you progress through your program, consider making multiple appointments to educate and prepare yourself for your future. Being prepared will build your confidence and will help to maintain your motivation throughout the entire process of finding employment. In addition, being proactive and getting a head start will increase your chances of having a shorter and more successful job search.
- It is never a bad idea to ask for help.
The Employment Support Centre Team is a constant resource to you throughout this journey, along with your professors, coordinators, employers, placement supervisors, and classmates. Take advantage of the supports that are available to you and don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you need in order to reach your goals. Think creatively about those you are connected to and use them to gain valuable insight into your future.
Visit the Employment Support Centre website for more information and resources.