Chapter 2: Revitalize Your Job Search Documents
Before the interview:
- Select pieces of your portfolio that are most relevant for the job or create a short version of your master portfolio.
- Indicate that you have a professional portfolio on your resume or cover letter, and provide a link if your portfolio is accessible online.
- Ask the employer if you will need access to internet or a computer.
- Practise answering interview questions using your portfolio.
During the Interview:
- Keep the focus on you, not on the portfolio. Your portfolio is supplementary and should be incorporated at the end of your answer when applicable.
- Ask permission of the interviewer(s) before showing items from your portfolio.
- Use your portfolio strategically; you do not need to reference it for every question.
- Provide individual items to interviewer(s), avoid giving over your whole portfolio.
- Be prepared to leave copies of your documents with the employer after the interview.