The Student Rights and Responsibilities Office (SRRO) has created a document outlining proper online etiquette (Netiquette) for students to help encourage a respectful online educational environment.
Check out this document here.
Student Code of Conduct Policy
The Student Code of Conduct Policy provides guidelines for appropriate behaviour for all Niagara College students and a framework for addressing non-academic misconduct. The Student Code of Conduct applies to students at Niagara College even if they are learning online. You can read the Student Code of Conduct, as well as the Student Code of Conduct Procedure and Appeals Procedure, here.
As a Niagara College student, you are responsible to uphold the College’s standards for academic integrity and honesty. Here are two essential items you need to be aware of regarding plagiarism:
- Niagara College’s Academic Honesty Policy
- Niagara College’s Academic Rights and Responsibilities Policy
The same information can also be found in the “Academic Responsibilities” section of the student handbook.
- Don’t Lose Cite of Avoiding Plagiarism (Video)
- 10 Types of Plagiarism (Video)
- The Why, Where, and When of Citing (Video)
- ncLibraries’ “Avoiding Plagiarism” module
- ncLibraries’ “Citation + Plagiarism” research guide
- The Learning Portal’s “How to Cite” guide