- Learn how audience analysis impacts visual design.
- Explore types of graphics.
- Use Gestalt Theory to understand why some visuals are more effective than others.
- Learn how to choose a graphic to fit your purpose.
- Learn how to integrate your graphic into a document and cite it.
- Learn how to revise your graphic.
Before we begin, consider the following questions:
- What sort of visuals do you find persuasive?
- Have you ever encountered a chart or graph that’s misleading or unethical? Why was it unethical?
- What does good document design look like to you?
- If you have experience with more than one culture, how does graphic design change between the cultures you’ve experienced?
- What colours do you feel are calming? What colours give you energy?
- Would you agree that people expect more visuals these days? Why or why not?
This chapter has been adapted from the following text:
Business Writing For Everyone by Arley Cruthers is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.