Chapter 4 – Project Team
By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify the basic needs of our team members.
- Explain the stages that a project team goes through and be able to identify the role that a project manager should try to play during each stage.
- List advantages of teams and strong leadership.
- Discuss the role of trust in building a team, and describe behaviours that help build trust.
- List motivators and demotivators that can affect a team’s effectiveness.
- Explain issues related to managing transitions on a team.
- Describe the advantages of diverse teams and provide some suggestions for managing them.
“13.1. Chapter Introduction” from Essentials of Project Management by Adam Farag is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.