Chapter 2 – Culture and Structures of Organizations
By the end of this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the different types of organizational structures
- Explain the relative advantages and disadvantages of each structure as it relates to project management
- Define terms related to business and HR strategy and portfolios
- Discuss basic concepts related to strategy
- Distinguish between strategy and operational effectiveness
- Discuss issues related to aligning projects with strategy
- Explain the three broad categories of projects
- Identify project selection methods.
“2.1. Chapter Introduction” from Essentials of Project Management by Adam Farag is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.