Seneca is committed to providing an accessible teaching, learning, living and working community that is barrier-free and inclusive for all individuals. Seneca’s Accessibility Statement Policy is in place to ensure practices and procedures are consistent with the accessibility standards under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA and Level AAA.
Designing and Developing High-Quality Student-Centred Online/Hybrid Learning Experiences has been designed to conform with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA, as required by the AODA.
Accessible Features of This Resource
The course content has been optimized for accessibility:
- All content is navigable by keyboard.
- Hyperlinks are visually distinct and are formatted with meaningful text.
- Proper heading structures were implemented to optimize screen reader navigation.
- All images have alternative text, and when appropriate, a long description.
- The colour contrast of text complies with accessibility guidelines.
- Colour is not used alone to convey information.
- All videos have closed captioning.
- Video transcripts have been created for videos created in-house and for some externally sourced videos.
- Hyperlinks to other pages of the site will always open in the current window.
- Hyperlinks to external sites will always open in a new tab.
Known Accessibility Issues and Feedback
We have made every attempt to ensure that this resource is as accessible and usable as possible. We welcome your feedback on any accessibility issues you may find with this resource. Please contact us and let us know if you encounter any accessibility barriers. We try to respond to feedback within two business days.
If you find any issues, please provide the following information:
- the page title and a link to the page with the issue
- a detailed description of the issue
- the operating system, browser and assistive technology (if applicable) used
- for example: Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 98.0.4758.102), Jaws screen reader
Currently, there are no known accessibility issues in this resource.
Any accessibility issues that have been identified will be listed below.
List of Known Accessibility Issues
|Location of issue||Required improvement||Timeline||Workaround|
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This statement was last updated on 23 February 2022.