Common COMM Course Learning Outcomes
This unit supports the following course learning outcomes (COMM 3048, COMM 3073, COMM 3074, COMM 3075, COMM 3077, COMM 3080, COMM 3082):
- 1. Compose workplace documents including emails, letters, and a research report.
- 2. Analyze an audience and tailor a message to that audience (objective/subjective writing, persuasive writing, internal/external audience).
- 3. Apply principles of grammar, punctuation, and editing appropriate to professional writing.
- 4. Prepare documents according to basic principles of formatting and visual communication in various written documents.
- 1. Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfills the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
- 3. Create well-organized business documents (including emails, letters and reports).
- 4. Compose stylistically appropriate business documents.
- 8. Create a resume and cover letter for use in employment searches.
- 9. Explain cultural differences and the impact these differences have on effective business communication.