This module provided suggestions related to the identification and management of common gynecological pathologies. As you progress in your clinical practice you will be increasingly comfortable diagnosing these conditions. Keep in mind that consult or referral may be the most appropriate action depending on your own knowledge and practice setting. Also keep in mind that recommended treatments change over time for a variety of reasons. Research, antibiotic resistance, and development of new treatment options are some of the reasons for this. Always be aware of your local evidence based guidelines for the most up to date treatment recommendations before prescribing therapy for your patient.
- Check local antibiotic resistance patterns and evidence based treatment guidelines before prescribing medication.
- Be aware of treatment resistant infections. Patients with infections that are increasingly resistant to available antibiotic treatments will need close follow up.
Complete the post chapter quiz:
On completion of this chapter, consider writing a self reflection of your experience. Were you able to improve upon your ability to assess and identify a common gynecological disorder? Which aspects of the module did you find most helpful? How will you change your practice as a result of completing this module? This exercise is self directed and you do not need to submit your reply but we do recommend you keep a folder of your reflections and look back upon these, to appreciate your progress, at the following time points:
- After you complete the module
- After you complete the entire program
- After you complete your 1st post program gynecological examination and identify a common gynecological disorder
- After you have completed several gynecological assessments