About the toolkit
How to use this resource
1. What do we mean by competence?
2. How does competence change over time?
3. Why is competence important?
4. What are competencies?
5. How to construct a competency
6. What are competency frameworks?
7. Uses for competency frameworks
8. Competency framework structure
9. Grouping and clustering competencies
10. Use cases
11. Workforce development
12. Training and Learning
15. Other use cases
16. Where to start
17. Adapting an existing framework
18. Creating a new framework
19. Sample competencies
20. Sample competency framework structures
21. Putting it all together
Next, we’ll look at competency frameworks, their uses, and their key components.
What are competency frameworks?
Uses for competency frameworks
Competency framework structure
Grouping and clustering competencies
eCampusOntario Open Competency Toolkit by Dennis Green and Carolyn Levy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.