Where to Go Next?
Now that we are nearing the end of the course, we need to start thinking about how you are going to apply what you have learned. These lessons and topics are transferable to many aspects of your academic, social, and professional development. For example:
- In your current undergraduate courses
- Possible thesis (graduate) thesis
- Influencing future career choices
- Continuing education (post-secondary diplomas, professional development, etc.)
In Current Courses
- To learn more about Experiential Education at Brock Visit: Experiential Education at Brock
- Case Studies: A Step Towards Solving the Climate Crisis
- Exploring perceptions, attitudes, values, etc., of community members
- Tools or frameworks to increase community engagement
- Effects of community engagement in a program or initiative
A Community Engagement Focus in Student Research
DeCock-Caspell, M., & Vasseur, L. (2021). Visualizations as a tool to increase community engagement in climate change adaptation decision-making. FACETS, 6: 240-251.
McGlynn, B. (2020). Student Research Highlight: Participation in Trail Monitoring & Evaluation [blog post]. Available at: https://brocku.ca/esrc/2020/03/18/student-research-highlight-participation-in-trail-monitoring-evaluation/
Kapeller, B. (2021). Exploring Environmental Stewardship in the Niagara Region [online resource]. Available at:https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/7d796bbda08940faa287c925ba5a90b2?fbclid=IwAR1L48o2pLoGXtJaR4cQ_yb9MEeQlwtk8uvM6LZVsx5cG3jgzt5cnvk8DfM