Techniques to Support Collaboration and Engagement
There are a number of methods and innovative tools that can help support collaboration and engagement efforts.
Digital technology is often used to collaborate and/or engage communities because it can:
- Connect people across geographic locations
- Reduce overall costs (traveling, meeting locations, acquiring information, etc.)
- Produce automatic records/analyses that help overcome information barriers
- Increase efficiency and productivity
- Encourage community members who would otherwise be apprehensive of engaging to ‘find their voice’
Technology to Support Collaboration and Engagement
Technology has changed the way we collaborate and engage with communities. It has impacted the way we connect with one another, and it has also enabled the facilitation of community engagement in new ways. Now more than ever, we are relying on technology to help us collaborate when in-person gatherings cannot take place.
A few examples of technology that is often used in collaboration and engagement efforts:
- Mobile Applications
- Social Media
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS)