After reviewing each of the lessons in this module, you will learn how to:
- Define and critically assess the key course concepts of sustainable communities and community engagement.
- Communicate how community engagement has evolved over time.
- Explain why engaging actors is essential to navigating current challenges confronting communities.
- Describe different ways to respectfully engage with the community actors for research purposes that benefit the community as a whole and identify various actors to engage within the decision-making process.
- Explain why actively consulting Indigenous communities is essential to navigating challenges, and describe the process for actively consulting Indigenous communities.