Developing and demonstrating Academic Integrity is something that Fanshawe faculty and staff expect of each other, it’s something that Fanshawe College expects of its students, and it’s certainly something that employers and recruiters will expect of Fanshawe graduates. If you’re able to hold yourself and others accountable for performing ‘academic’ work both honestly and ethically, then you’ll be able to hold yourself and others accountable for performing ‘professional’ work both honestly and ethically when you’re out in the workplace in the industry of your choice.
The Academic Integrity Office
The staff in the Academic Integrity Office are available to help students achieve and maintain Academic Integrity and to avoid and prevent Academic Offences. We are available to answer any questions and address any concerns that students may have about:
- Academic Integrity,
- the Academic Integrity Policy,
- Academic Offences,
- Warnings and Penalties, and
- Academic Offence Appeals.
Students are welcome to attend workshops and request consultations and appointments if they need assistance with anything related to Academic Integrity. The staff in the Academic Integrity Office can also refer students to the staff and supports that are available to them in the Library Learning Commons and throughout the College.
If we can be of any assistance to you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents and Website Supports
- Academic Integrity Office website
- Academic Integrity Supports for Students Infographic
- Plagiarism Infographic
- APA Citation Guide
- APA Citation Resource Course in FanshaweOnline
- How to Actually Use TurnItIn
- Information about Course Content Sharing Sites
- Tests Infographic
- Study Skills
- Policy A136: Academic Integrity
- Policy A128: Student Appeals
- Academic Integrity & Avoiding Plagiarism video
- Academic Integrity & Assignments video
- Academic Integrity & Evaluations video
- Academic Integrity & Online Learning video
Library Learning Commons Supports
- Library Learning Commons
- Learning Centre
- Library’s Outreach Staff – assistance with research, writing, and citing
- Studying assistance in the Library Learning Commons
- Research and citing assistance in the Library Learning Commons
- Writing and citing assistance in the Library Learning Commons