Now we can take a closer look at the key characteristics that make up PM&E.
- Bottom-up approach
- Emphasizes and supports shared learning of stakeholders and rights holders at various levels (local, regional, national)
- Build capacity of local people to assess and analyze, reflect and take action
- Consider primary stakeholders and rights holders as active participants – not objects or mere sources of information
- Involves stakeholders and rights holders in all or most of the phases of the M&E process (the approach is designed with them)
- Focus on the views and aspirations of community members