BCcampus Open Education believes that education must be available to everyone; this means supporting the creation of free, open, and accessible educational resources. We are actively committed to increasing the accessibility and usability of the textbooks we produce.
Accessibility features of the web version of this resource
The web version of the Basic Kitchen and Food Service Management include the following features:
- Includes an option to increase font size. (See tab on top right of screen titled, “Increase Font Size.”)
Other file formats available
In addition to the web version, this book is available in a number of file formats including PDF, EPUB (for eReaders), MOBI (for Kindles), and various editable files. Here is a link to where you can download this book in another file format. Look for the Download this book drop-down menu to select the file type you want.
Known accessibility issues and areas for improvement
This book has not yet gone through a remediation process yet to ensure that it is accessible. As such, there are a number of accessibility issues in this resource:
- Tables to not have column and row headers
- Tables do not use caption tags
- Some headings are missing heading markup
- Some simple math equations may not be represented correctly by a screen reader
- Links do not have descriptive link text
Let us know if you are having problems accessing this book
If any of the above accessibility issues are stopping you from accessing the information in this textbook, please contact us to let us know and we will get it fixed. If you discover any other issues, please let us know of those as well.
Please include the following information:
- The location of the problem by providing a web address or page description
- A description of the problem
- The computer, software, browser, and any assistive technology you are using that can help us diagnose and solve your issue
e.g., Windows 10, Google Chrome (Version 65.0.3325.181), NVDA screen reader
You can contact us one of the following ways:
Help us improve the accessibility of our resources
Are you interested in helping us make more of our textbooks accessible? If you have Pressbooks experience, a basic knowledge of web accessibility guidelines, and some time your are willing to volunteer, we would love some help as we have a number of textbooks that need remediation work. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This statement was last updated on September 27, 2018.