Pressbooks is one way to get student or faculty content on the web. It allows you to take your content and shape it like an ebook. Like any platform it has some advantages and disadvantages.
- Pressbooks is a reasonably popular book publishing platform.
- It is reasonably easy to use (for a web publishing platform).
- It allows some pages to be public and other pages to be private.
- It is reasonably accessible
- It can be free
- It is probably not attached to your school’s infrastructure (for logins etc…)
- It will not allow you to create something that doesn’t look like a book