Design 8: Infographics
What is an Infographic?
An infographic is a collection of images, visual data such as pie charts and bar graphs as well as minimal text to give a quick understanding of the topic.
Once you have arrived at the Home page of Canva, you will see a Sign up button. You will need a name and an email address.
Starting Your First Infographic
Once you have signed up and logged in, you will see your profile at the top right as well as a “Create a Design” button to the left of your profile.
After clicking on the “Create a Design” button, a drop down menu will appear, containing numerous designs. Pick “Infographic”. You will then be greeted with a blank page and a side menu.
On the left side of the page, you will see 5 options:
- Choose a template that suits best for your content
- Adding shapes, graphics, pictures and more can help liven up your infographic
- Upload images, videos and audio to use in your design
- You can also record yourself using your device’s camera and or microphone in this section
- Include text headings with multiple font combinations to add variation to your infographic
- Allows you to access more content to create amazing designs
- Includes apps and integrations as well as popular websites you can embed to your design