Appendix 2: Interview Questions
General Questions (for all participants)
- What role do you play or have you played in the Indwell building projects? (What does that role look like in everyday practice?)
- How many people are on your team (or do similar work to the work that you are doing?)
- How long have you been involved in the Indwell building projects?
Specific questions (dependant on the role of the interview participant)
- Who are your residents? (What is the range of residents?) What is the criteria for getting a spot in an Indwell building?
- Do you have different types of housing? Does this impact the design?
- What are the different impacts that you have seen on residents over the past decade as they have moved into your buildings? (what have you measured?)
- How long is your waiting list?
- What kind of funding challenges have you faced? (what are the strategies that you have employed to fund your different projects? You currently have 7 projects and 6 in development)
- Can you describe the process that goes into selecting a building site? (How do you interact with the community where the site will be constructed?)
- Can you describe the role that design has played in the development and construction of the different Indwell buildings?
- Why did you decide to use Passive Housing principles in the Indwell projects?
- Why do you think it is important that your buildings incorporate design ideas like Passive Housing?
- How does the concept of community impact the way that you consider the design of your buildings?
- Which types of spaces are given design priority in your developments? (Are there ratios of public, semi-public, and private spaces?)
- What is the importance of spaces outside of the Indwell projects, such as porches, sidewalks, smoking areas, parking, community spaces, parks, or community gardens?