Read the information on the Writing Strand (pp. 12-13 in hard copy) of the Ontario Curriculum Language.
Read the sources below for information on social media outlets and how they pertain to teaching.
- Using Social Media to Build a Personal Learning Network
- Twitter: Why Teachers are Turning to Twitter
- Instagram: Instagram for Teachers
Use the sources below (or sources suggested in the articles above) as a starting point to find resources that will help teachers to implement the Writing Strand of the Ontario Curriculum – Language.
- Twitter: The Best 100 Education Hashtags for all Educators on Twitter
- Instagram: Instagram Hashtags for #Teaching
- Pinterest: Brock IRC Pinterest
Choose one specific resource or idea that you explored above. Consider how it could address a key principle in teaching writing or a specific curriculum expectation for Writing. Note: You are not reviewing The Complete Guide to Twitter Hashtags or The IRC Pinterest Site; you are to critique a specific resource or idea for teaching writing that you found through one of the larger collections indicated above.
Create a Forum post that answers the “3 Ws”:
- What is the resource? Provide a link and basic information about your selection.
- Why? What principles of teaching writing or specific expectation(s) could be addressed though this resource? What features make this resource useful for teachers of literacy.
- What now? How could you anticipate using this idea in your upcoming literacy placement?