The final chapter looks at what might be next for teaching and learning online. We are convinced that online and blended learning will become more prolific in the near future – it already has because of the COVID-19 pandemic. However, we have looked at six more predictions related to
- A Technological Paradigm Shift
- Decreasing the Digital Divide
- Increasing Awareness of Students with Special Needs
- Increased Qualities of Assessment
- Connectivism and Messy Problems
- Virtual Reality
Whether or not these predictions come to fruition, we believe that future online instructors will need to be open to change and evidence and willing to acquire new knowledge and adopt new practices to see significant improvements in teaching and learning quality in years to come.