In the Interprofessional Virtual Gaming Simulation: Breaking the Chain of Transmission, you assumed the role of the healthcare team member conducting an infection prevention and control practice assessment within a healthcare setting. The following questions will help guide your reflection on your simulation experience. The questions will help you to reflect on the decisions you made throughout the game, analyze areas that need further development, and reflect on how to incorporate new learning into clinical practice.
1. What were your thoughts and feelings while playing this virtual gaming simulation?
2. How did you feel in the role of the healthcare provider during this simulation? Did anything surprise you?
3. What did you learn about the other roles of the interprofessional healthcare team (i.e., occupational therapist, occupational therapist assistant and physiotherapy assistant, environmental service manager, nurse)?
4. Reflect on what you learned in relation to interprofessional communication and collaboration. What strategies would you use to promote effective interprofessional communication amongst the members of the healthcare team?
5. Everyone’s journey throughout the game may be different. From your decisions, what did you learn about infection prevention and control practices?
6. What are your key takeaways related to your role in decreasing the risk of transmission of an infectious agent and breaking the chain of transmission?
7. Reflecting on how the client is part of the interprofessional team, how will you collaborate with the client to promote infection prevention and control practices?
8. What will you take away from this simulation to incorporate into your clinical practice? For example, what practices will you keep, what practices will you change, and what new learning will you integrate into your clinical practice?