A Guide for Successful Students is an adaptation of College Success, a work produced and distributed under a Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC-SA) in 2015 by University of Minnesota.
The new and revised material in this adaptation is copyrighted 2019 by the adapting authors, Irene Stewart and Aaron Maisonville, and is released under a Creative Commons license (CC BY-NC-SA).
This adaptation has seen substantial reordering and reformatting of the original 2015 text, minor wording adjustments, addition of new content, replacement of images, and deletions.
The revisions made to the original textbook are listed below.
- Introduction – adapted from Chapt. 1.1
- Successful students have goals – adapted from Chap. 2.1
- Successful students embrace a diverse community – adapted from Chap. 9.1 & 9.2
- Successful students go to class – adapted from Chap. 7
- Successful students ask for help – adapted from Chap. 7.3
- Successful students get it together – adapted from Chap. 2.2 & 2.3
- Successful students take control of their health – adapted from Chap. 10.1 – 10.4 and 10.7
- Successful students practice mental wellness – adapted from Chap. 10.5 and 10.6
- Successful students manage their finance – adapted from Chap. 11
- Successful students get involved – adapted from Chap. 9.1 & 9.3
- Sucessful students learn independently – adapted from Chap. 1.3 & 4.5 (Learning); Chap. 5 (Reading); Chap. 4.4 (Notetaking); Chap. 6.5 & 8 (Writing); Chap. 6.2, 6.3, 6.4, & 6.6 (Studying); Chap. 6.3 (Tests); Chap. 6.2 (Group Work).
This textbook can be referenced. For example, in APA citation style, it should appear as follows:
Stewart, I & Maisonville, A. (2019). A guide for student success. Windsor, ON: St. Clair College.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License unless otherwise noted.